Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jeff Soderquist, our first toyeur (well, besides me.)

Let's give a warm Toyeur welcome to our very first toyeur, Jeff Soderquist! Jeff had a pretty great collection of Holga shots just laying around in his Flickr account and was kind enough to share them with us all. It's enough to make you want to go out and grab a case of Portra, right?



Pink Tulip Field
Holga 120 with Kodak Portra 400 film
©Jeff Soderquist





Grass Blades (Original artwork by John Fleming)
Holga 120 with Kodak 400 Tmax film
©Jeff Soderquist





2010 Darrington Kickball Classic - 1
Holga 120 with Kodak Portra 400 film
©Jeff Soderquist



"Learn as I go photographer living in Seattle. I have been dabbling with photography for about a year and a half. Landscape and street photography are my primary focus, but am becoming increasingly interested in photographing food. I love the Holga120 for its simplistic unpredictability. It forces me to rethink the way I photograph the world, getting closer to my subject matter, becoming obsessed with available light (cause the Holga needs a lot of it), hoping my next click of the shutter will be that one magical photograph I’ve been dreaming of."

-Jeff Soderquist

No comments:

Post a Comment