Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Polaroid a Day

Speaking of Polaroids, my cousin Melanya pointed me towards a blog post about a man named Jamie Livingston. Jamie took a Polaroid a day for twenty years (!) until his death.

I thought about writing a piece that would draw my own conclusions about how I feel about it, about capturing an instant in your life with an instant medium, about what it would mean to have daily photographic evidence of a large continuous portion of your life through your own death, but I think you should just look at the pictures and draw your own conclusions. Words just don't do it justice.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Small has been snapping a Polaroid of herself every day since 1997. She's very, very much alive:

    http://www.sarahsmall.com/biography/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with her work, I just loved that this guy photographed mostly everything around him, including himself, all the way up to the end. Our lives aren't just us, they're who and what we surround ourselves with.

    ReplyDelete